Skip over Navigation to the main Page Content (access key is 2)

How I can help you

Find out how I can help you as your MP


Here to Help

“Since June 2001, my job has been to represent constituents in Parliament. This means that I take up issues on behalf of my constituents or point people in the right direction if their enquiry can be dealt with by another body. I ask questions and make speeches in the House of Commons, pressing government ministers for an answer or raising an issue of concern to constituents.

If there are matters you want me to pursue on your behalf, the most effective way is usually to write to me giving all the relevant details including any reference numbers. Please bear in mind that I am likely to send a photocopy of your letter to whoever the relevant person / organisation is, together with a covering letter of my own asking them to comment or investigate.

Writing a letter about a problem, rather than telephoning, is a good idea as you can take your time to explain things clearly and I will then also have the written details of your case, which I may find useful to refer to later.

Sometimes I’m inundated with postal and email inquiries, so while it might not be possible to send an immediate reply, every effort will be made to answer urgent matters quickly.”


5 Ways to Contact Meg

  • PHONE Meg’s Constituency Office on (0114) 258 2010
  • FAX Meg’s Constituency Office on (0114) 258 6622
  • WRITE to Meg’s Constituency Office at …
    PO BOX 4333,
  • SEE MEG at one of her Advice Surgeries
  • EMAIL Meg at


Before you contact me, you might also want to consider the ways in which I might be able to help you, as your MP. More details are available here »