"Since the replica watches advent of twenty years ago, Montblanc star series uk replica watches with classic classic design style to become the most popular watch works. We are pleased that this swiss replica watches most popular series once again usher in a variety of new products, heritage replica watches uk Switzerland Advanced tabulation tradition.

Meg Munn MP - Sheffield Heeley's voice in Parliament | Welcome
Skip over Navigation to the main Page Content (access key is 2)
 

  Back to News Items Index Back to Index of      Items / Entries …

Delight as Woodland View stays open

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Local MP Meg Munn is delighted that vulnerable dementia patients will not lose their homes following the decision by the NHS Sheffield board that Woodland View in Norton and Birch Avenue in Chapeltown will remain open. This follows a four-month consultation on proposals to withdraw a 2.8 million ‘top up’ to the homes, which health chiefs said did not represent value for money.

 

The decision by the board means that the care homes would remain open and be re-commissioned to provide enhanced care for residents with specialist needs. This means that current residents will be allowed to stay, although people in the future will have to fit more specific admission criteria to ensure they are at the higher level of need.

 

Relatives of the patients have led a heartfelt campaign over the last few months after they were told earlier on in the year that the homes may close. The result means a secure future for the residents of both homes, and peace of mind for their families. 

 

Meg said:

 

“This is fantastic news not only for the current residents and their families but for Sheffield as a whole. We have an ageing population and it is vital that we provide the correct care.

 

The consultation has been a stressful time for residents and their families, as well as the staff, but it has led to a mutually beneficial arrangement for the future.” 

 

The consultation was launched in January after the NHS Sheffield board agreed ‘in principle’ to the removal of 2.8 million ‘top-up’ funding that the homes were getting because it did not appear to represent the most cost effective use of scarce resources. Board papers made public last week revealed that the extensive consultation had confirmed that the top-up funding for current operations did not represent value-for-money but, rather than withdrawing this, it would be feasible and preferable to seek to re-commission the homes to focus on providing care for people with dementia who have complex care needs.

 


  Back to News Items Index Back to Index of Items / Entries …


^ Top of Page